Estimated completion time: 10 minutes.
1. Insert the Resource CD in your computer’s CD drive. If the CD main screen
does not display, browse the files on the CD and double-click Autorun.exe.
2. Click Setup.
The Software Update Check screen displays.
3. If you are connected to the Internet, click Check for Updates. If not, then click
Install from CD.
4. Click I agree to accept the license agreement and then click Next.
A message displays asking you to
wait while software is installed. This
might take a few minutes. Then you
are prompted to insert your adapter.
5. Either insert the adapter into a USB
port on your computer, or use the
USB cable and adapter cradle
provided to connect the adapter.
The USB cable and adapter cradle
can extend the range of your adapter
and improve wireless reception.
Insert the adapter in the cradle and
attach the USB cable to the
Note: For best results, put the
wireless adapter at least 4 feet
(1 meter) away from your router.
6. Click Next.
7. NETGEAR Genie displays a list of wireless networks in your area.
Join a Wireless Network
You can join a wireless network from this NETGEAR Genie screen, or you can use
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) if your wireless network supports it.
• NETGEAR Genie: Click your wireless network to select it from the list, and then
click Connect. If the network is secure, enter its password or network key.
• WPS: Press and hold the WPS button on the side of the adapter for 2 seconds.
Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router or gateway.