Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
Canon’s EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM and EF400mm
f/2.8L IS II USM are high-performance super-
telephoto lenses, for use with EOS cameras.
“IS” stands for Image Stabilizer.
“USM” stands for Ultrasonic Motor.
1. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect
of a shutter speed four stops* faster.
Also, a third Image Stabilizer mode effective for
shooting irregularly moving subjects.
2. Use of ﬂuorite lens elements giving superior
3. SWC (Subwavelength Structure Coating)
reduces ﬂare and ghosting.
4. Using a ﬂuorine coating on the foremost and
rearmost lens surfaces allows adhered dirt to be
removed more easily than before.
5. Ultrasonic motor (USM) for fast, quiet autofocus.
6. Manual focusing is available after the subject
comes into focus in autofocus mode (ONE
7. An AF stop button to pause autofocus whenever
8. A power focus mode enables smooth focus
9. A focus preset function for advance storage
of focusing positions in memory to allow
10. Circular aperture for producing beautiful
11. Can be used with EF1.4× III/EF2× III extenders.
12. Attachment slot provided for wire-type security
lock, located under the cover for the orientation
13. Tight seal structure ensures excellent dustproof
and drip-proof performance.
14. Designed for lighter weight with parts made of
* Based on [1/focal length] second.
Generally, it requires a shutter speed [1/focal length]
second or faster to prevent camera shake.